What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is one of the most effective treatments for those who want a more permanent solution to unwanted hair. A clinically proven treatment that is fast, effective and comfortable.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal uses light energy to permanently damage or destroy individual hair follicles. This treatment targets the roots beneath the surface of the skin using a medical grade laser to prevent regrowth.
The hair follicle must be targeted at a specific time during its growth cycle to prevent the hair from returning. As individual hairs could be in different parts of the hair growth cycle at any one-time, multiple treatments are required for the maximum removal of hair. Therefore, whilst most clients will see a difference from their first treatment, we usually recommend 6-8 appointments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
Why The Luxury Gap?
A friendly and welcoming atmosphere from our highly experienced therapists. Our state-of-the-art PermaICE triband Diode laser machine provides the “Gold Standard” in laser hair removal. This means short treatment times, maximum comfort and optimal results. A free consultation will be carried out before any treatment is provided.
Preparation before treatment
- Shave area day before treatment.
- If you have been waxing stop 6 weeks prior to treatment
- If you have had an artificial tan wait 2 weeks prior to treatment
- No Laser treatments 2 weeks before holiday and 4 weeks after
- No hot baths, showers, saunas, jacuzzi, swimming, gym for 48 hours after
- No facial treatments for 2 weeks after, if face has been treated
- Do not use retinoids, vit A creams, glycolic/salicylic acids for 3 days after treatment
- Wear SPF 50
- Do not expose area to direct sunlight whilst having Laser
- Do not wear makeup for 24 hours