We recommend that you come in for waxing every 4-6 weeks, dependent on your own personal hair growth. Doing this will help slow the growth of your hair down, help your skin adapt to waxing and maintain better results in between your treatments. For us to help you achieve the best results we have recommended some pre and post treatment care that you can follow at home.
Before your wax
- Avoid using self tanners, deodorants, lotions and other topical creams before your appointment. This will create a barrier on the skin and may result in the wax not being able to stick properly.
- Please let your hair grow, it is essential that you have a ¼ inch of hair (2-3 weeks growth) to allow the wax to grip around the hair to be removed successfully.
- Do not use sunbeds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment as this can make your skin sensitive.
- Doing a gentle exfoliation on the skin 24 hours before your treatment gently removes any dead skin cells which will allow for a cleaner and smoother wax.
- Wearing loose and comfortable clothing to your appointment will reduce any irritation after your wax.
- Please note that any sun or heat exposure must be avoided for 48 hours after your wax. This includes sun bathing, sun beds, hot tubs and saunas. So please take this into consideration when booking your appointment.
After your wax
- You may experience heightened sensitivity for 24-48 hours after your appointment. Slight breaks out can happen if your skin is particularly sensitive, this is because waxing causes the hair follicles to temporarily enlarge therefore bacteria can reside on the skin. Find below some information on how to prevent this from happening and to increase the results from your wax.
- Any kind of heat or sun exposure must be avoided (e.g. sunbeds, steam, hot tubs).
- No hot baths or exercising for 2 hours following your treatment.
- If you are experiencing any sensitivity after your treatment, you can apply a cold compress to soothe the skin.
- You can exfoliate 48 hours after your treatment, and then twice a week from then on. This will help maintain your wax and eliminate ingrown hairs.
If you require any further information, then please do not hesitate to contact us here at The Luxury Gap.